You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘LOST’ category.
Warning, spoilers ahead!
Sawyer is in prison after “The Long Con” flashback episode where he stole the money from his partner-in-crime. She visits him in prison and tells him he has a daughter: Clemintine. She and her daughter live in Arizona. Sawyer works with the warden and the FBI to con a convict out of money he had stolen. He receives a “finder’s fee” for the help and is released from prison. He has then entire fee deposited into an account in his daughter’s name; the only condition is that she can never know from who it came.
Primarily concerning the captives: Jack, Sawyer and Kate. The woman that Sun shot dies on the operating table after Juliet brings in Jack for help. Sawyer tries to electricute Benjamin but ends up getting the tar knocked out of him. Later, he wakes up strapped to a table where he receives (I assume) a shot of adrenaline directly in his sternum. He then wakes up to find out that he has been implanted with a pacemaker which will cause his heart to explode if he gets too excited. He then is escorted back to his cage like a puppy with his tale between his legs. After some observation by ‘The Others’ we find out [maybe] that he really doesn’t have a pacemaker–they just wanted to see how he would react. Benjamin notes that he was more concerned about what they might do to Kate than his own well-being.
- Does Kate really love Sawyer? She said she did; then she said she didn’t–that she only said it to keep Sawyer from getting clobbered (more). But then she stayed in the cage after being able to escape. See below for my theory.
- If ‘The Others’ and the captives are truly on another island…then (last episode) how did the Others get to Sayid, Jin and Sun and the boat? Why does Benjamin want the boat so bad? It appears they have communication w/ the mainland and could leave if they want. Why didn’t Rousseau or the Losties ever see the other island?
- Why were they [making?] Jack watch cartoons? What is the significance of what he was watching?
- What about the giant foot statue?
- Henry Gale /Benjamin Linus is the one with the tumor on his spine (Jack said it was a man in his mid-40s) that Jack is there to save. This is the obvious conclusion that the writers want people to assume, so I will assume this is not correct. Who could it be?
- Kate loves Sawyer, not Jack. Girls always go for the ‘bad’ guys. She clearly is attracted to him and they have some shared experiences (remember Truth or Dare?). This may not materialize until much later, but that is where my money is firmly placed. This also means that Sawyer will be killed soon after her [true] feelings are known. Now, I am not saying that Sawyer will reciprocate. I think that Kate will lay it on the line and Sawyer will…leave her hanging; he likes to be in control. Sawyer will die with Kate never knowing if he did love her or not; that will haunt/comfort her for all her life. Jack’s story is not about love: he is the hero, and like Spider-man, he cannot have the girl in order to save her.
- Benjamin, though meek-looking can not only take quite a beating, but can also deliver one!
- Desmond, once again, appears to have seen the future. He built a lightning rod to protect Claire and her baby.
I also understand that ABC will continue to air the show on February 8, 2007 after the hiatus.
wadda you think?
Last night’s episode was different than “normal.”
We learned more about Locke via a flashback that appeared to take place (sequentially) after all his others. He joined a pot-growing, praying, hippie commune seeking love and acceptance he did not receive from his father nor his girlfriend. Locke also built a smokehouse in order to “talk to the island.” While in there, he saw a vision of Boone taking him through the airport, telling him that he needs to save someone. Locke determines it is Eko whom he needs to save.
- Why was Locke mute after the hatch implosion?
- Why was Desmond nekked after the hatch implosion?
- What far-reaching consequences did the not pushing of the button cause? (The escape of the polar bear? Where did it escape from?)
- How did Desmond know the contents of Locke’s “speech” before he gave it?
- Why was Hurley working in the airport terminal (typing in the numbers, no less) in Locke’s vision?
- Who was the”new” survivors back at the camp? I didn’t recognize a man and a woman.
- Boone stated in Locke’s vision that he “needed to save his family.” Is that referring to the LOST-survivor-family or his hippie-commune-family, or his family-family?
- Why was
Henry GaleBen patting down Jack at the security checkpoint in Locke’s vision?
- Is Eko injured or dead?
- Locke is the new “leader” of the camp now that Jack has been captured.
- The kid that Locke picked up in his flashback was wearing a band’s t-shirt (I can’t recall the band’s name); this was the same band who’s record was played inside the hatch.
- There is another polar bear on the island…or is there?
As usual, more questions arise than answers given.