You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘admin’ category.
I am alive! It has been forever since I have done anything on this blog. The two loyal readers that I did have are now long gone. Consider this a rebirth of this adventure.
I have been quite busy with a lot of things…family, church, work…life and have neglected this. I want to get back into it because I want to improve my writing. I think what will work for me in the future is not so much long, narrative posts, but short bursts of goodness oozing full of flavor.
I just updated my blog to the new Tarski theme and added a custom header of the “frozen banditos” (from L2R):
- Comments are encouraged.
- Spam will be deleted.
- Trackbacks, pings, and relevant links within comments are encouraged and appreciated.
- Irrelevant links within comments are discouraged and are grounds to be considered spam (see #2 above).
- Comments may be moderated.
- Trolls will not be tolerated; posts will be deleted.
- Disagreement is healthy and not grounds for deletion. Just because your comment does not agree with my original post, does not make it bad; heck, the blog is here for discussion.
Giving you $.02 for your 2 cents
Problogger has suggested techniques to get more comments on a blog; the short list is:
- Invite comments
- Ask questions
- Be open ended
- Interact with comments left
- Set boundaries
- Be humble
- Be gracious
- Be controversial?
- ‘Reward’ comments
- Make it easy to comment
“90% of users are lurkers who never contribute, 9% of users contribute a little, and 1% of users account for almost all the action.”
My stats thus far would sound a loud “here, here” with both problogger and Mr. Nielsen.
I have been away for a few days. Took the family to Florida for a funeral. The reason for the trip was not good, but the fellowship with friends and family in their time of grief was.
Be back soon.