In the immortal words of Inego:
…let me ‘xplain…no, no…there’s no time for that…let me sum up…
Much has happened with my family since last you left the hero, here is a summary:
- Eeyore is a Cub Scout (technically Bear Scout) and loves it.
- Rabbit, Eeyore and Pooh (Tigger was too young) all played Upwards basketball and improved greatly over the season. This was Rabbit’s second season and she improved so much over the previous season!
- All four children took swimming lessons and competed for an inter-country club swim team. I swam competitively in high school about 1,000 years ago…so this was cool to watch.
- Woodpeckers have invaded our home! A family of these delightful creatures have pecked three, er, four holes in the side of our home and built a nest in the stud cavity which happens to be just above the headboard of the master bed. Momma must bring fat juicy worms home for breakfast because the crew is very active in the early mornings! Note to self: I need to remedy this…
- All of the kids are progressing nicely in their mastery of piano.
- I got my wife Pride & Prejudice (2005) and Sense & Sensibility (1995) as gifts in the last year. At one point, she watch both movies three times each PLUS the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (re: 6 hours long) all within one month! Talk about chick flick central!
- I also got my wife a Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop for Christmas and installed a wireless network in our home. Now when she hangs out at Panera and Starbucks, she can be cool and surf the ‘net while sipping her Grande Decaf White Chocolate Mocha. Quite the technophile, she is!
- Last summer…we mulched!
- We also picked up a TV show we enjoy: Chuck.
- We hosted our 9th Annual Superbowl Party and was pleased as punch that Shady Brady and Belli-cheat could not complete their perfect* season.